Wednesday 6 March 2013

Question 3


3.what have you learned from your audience feedback

3. What have you learned from your audience feedback?

In order to create a successful product for my A2 media studies course work I produced a  music video-which was made to accompany the song ‘tujhpe fida’ from the Bollywood film  Heroine, it was important for myself and producers generally to consider the targeted audience before beginning the task. I considered in detail their age, gender, general interests, social class etc. I decided to aim my music video at the female gender, aged from 14-25 years old, particularly those interested in the Bollywood and dancing. I had to create a music video, digipack and magazine advert which appealed to this audience, so in order to understand and appeal successfully, I began studying similar products. I looked at the current magazine advertisements contained in Bollywood magazines and websites. I found that the magazine advertisements in these magazines generally seemed to be with main image the titles and the release date. Therefore following the codes and conventions I used the image from my digipack (CD cover), the title and scanning code to allow my audience and other reader to get involved and be able to very quickly have access to the website which on there would have lots of information and access to other attractions such as facebook and twitter  etc.

Gaining audience feedback has been vital in my project, enabling me to see what problems which I could then avoid which would slow me down with my work. I asked my friends and class mates to highlight the things that they liked about my work so far, but also the things that I could improved on. This was helpful as I could see what I was doing well on and what I need to focus more on. The feedback I received helped me in my work to make it much better therefore helping me to get a good finishing product. Specifically highlighted areas was the music video, and the problems I had was the concept, due to circumstances I had many problems which rose which were very unexpected and weren’t planned. I had to keep changing my idea slightly which meant that I had to keep story boarding or simply telling peers about my idea, and with that feed back I was able to improve my idea which them lead me to create my final music video and therefore helping me to get better each time to finally creating something I thought was a perfectly good idea.
The audience feedback was helpful in encouraging me to consider everything whilst planning, I think that my feedback helped me to see what I was doing well on but it’s the idea itself that needs double checking.

My music video would fall under the entertaining category, due to its pleasurable, pleasing appearance and use of interesting mise en scene, however while entertaining people it would also inspire them at the same time. It may also be regarded to Personal identity through the use of an influential female character that might inspire audiences. My magazine advertisement, digipack and music video has aspects which the audience can relate to such as clothing which regular people wear, and everyday look which har and make up, this therefore relates to personal identity again by encouraging the audience to become inspired and influenced.

When audiences see’s the advertisement in magazines, or the purchase the CD I intended for them to enjoy it but also feel as though they are cool yet smart, exclusivity almost which is something younger audiences typically crave.

The age of my intended audience begins around late teens towards adults, which is typically an age of self-discovery but ultimately a time when they begin to explore different sources of inspiration through the people they see in magazines and the music they listen to-so in this sense the target audience in regards to age particularly is suitable to the magazine. The social class I aimed my products at was C1-E, because the majority of young people are either students, apprentices or new workers, meaning there’s a high chance of them owning/having access to the internet where they can watch my music video and encourage them to buy the CD and recognise the artists in magazine advertisements which include the website address.

Stuart Hall’s reception theory focuses upon how audiences consume media, arguing that producers encode meaning into a media text for audiences to loosen. I included this in my media video by metaphorically representing of inspiration. For example the theme of
Inspiration and seeking for your goal is evident through the use of colour. the black and white sections of the music video shows the audience the girls dream is to dance contrasting with the coloured sequence which show the reality of the girl making her way to her dream. Therefore the ending of the music video is in black and white as it shows the audience she has made her dream and therefore is black and white. The girl in my music video is wearing very normal everyday clothing and make up representing regular people just like my audience. she wears dance style clothes as well for example the shoes  are look like what hip-hop dancers wear which highlights she wants to be a dancer.

I think that my music video and the accompanying products successfully appeal to my target audience which I selected pre-production. I think that my music video would not only be perceived as interesting, but also easily understood by the target audience due to the research, planning and feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment